Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Tour of Our Home- Formal Living Room












Our formal living room is the other room besides our bedroom, that is decorated in a darker Victorian style, rather than the light romantic/shabby style that I love now. Since we already had the furniture in this room from when we first got married, I decided to go ahead and paint the bottom half of the walls in a burgundy colour to match. We bought the border on sale a few years ago, and it was nice to finally get to use it. I like the dark wood, Victorian look. I just prefer light, pink and romantic now. It is really nice that we can have both styles in our house, as the formal living areas are separate from the kitchen/dining/family room open plan area.
Even in this room, I have a few light coloured things, such as the coffee table and table lamp. I am hoping to find a bigger coffee table second hand somewhere, in a mahogony type colour.
Right now I have the seat cushions on our sofa covered with a crocheted lace table cloth I bought last Saturday at a car boot sale. However, I don't know how long I'll keep it there. Haha Just experimenting. :-)

No comments: