Tuesday, July 2, 2013

The Family Room

The family room is one of the few rooms in our new house that we could just move into without any painting, etc. (We did have the carpet cleaned, though.)
 
 I love all the built in shelves and cupboards in this room. My white TV blends right in. ;-)

 We had planned on putting our big, comfy sofa in this room, that matches the oatmeal colored chair and ottoman, but it wouldn't fit through the doorway! So, it has to stay in the formal living room instead. :-(

Two chairs were not enough when all of us gather to watch Andy Griffith, etc (ha), so after some research we took a trip to Ikea and bought their Ektorp slipcovered sofa. It comes flat packed, as does everything is that store, so there was no trouble getting it into the room. I remembered trying one of these sofas out a few years ago and thinking it was way too firm. However, I was surprised at how comfy this one actually is. Maybe they changed them in the last few years?
The slipcover is machine washable, so we don't have to worry over the whiteness too much. But to reduce the number of times I need to wash it and put it all back on, we do have a "no food" rule in this room. ;-)
             
 
I think Priscilla approves of the room. ;-)
 
 There is a cute little bathroom off of the family room. I love the vanity. It looks like a piece of furniture.
 I wonder how much use this shower will get, though? ha Doesn't seem like it was needed in this bathroom, but I guess we will find out.

No comments: