Monday, July 15, 2013

Odds and Ends

I love the built in storage and shelving in our living room, but the knobs left somewhat to be desired.
They were basket weave which looked more suited to an African safari theme or something. ha Not our style. Even Nathanael didn't approve of them. ;-)
I bought 4 pink glass knobs half price at Hobby Lobby and switched them out.
Yes, I do display my American Girl dolls in the living room. ha I make and sell period doll clothing for the AG dolls, and these are my models. I have Kirsten and Samantha from the days of my youth when I actually played with dolls. ;-) However, I still love these dolls so much that Ben gave me a Rebecca doll for Christmas year before last. I need to change them into some of the clothes I made, but haven't had time lately.....
                                          This was our 4th of July look for the front entry:
The Spring/Summer wreaths were on clearance at Hobby Lobby, so I bought this one for the front door while I was there:

                                         The flowers are made out of a burlap type fabric.
Speaking of burlap, I cut some in strips to make tie backs for the neutral curtains downstairs. More light comes in now, and it looks cuter. ;-)

I had to buy some burlap "ribbon" to use on the last two panels, since I ran out of my left over burlap fabric.
Thought I'd show you a couple more pictures of the downstairs family/rec room. How do you like Priscilla's eyes in this shot? haha
                           The boys always have to pose in a shot or two, as well. hehe
The pool table came with the house, for a small price. The previous owners didn't want to have to move it, and Ben loves pool, so that worked out well. Nathanael and Teddy are learning how to play now, too.

No comments: