Tuesday, February 2, 2010

~Peppermint Chocolate Crinkle Cookies ~


Thought I'd share this recipe that I adapted from my Better Homes&Gardens cookbook. :-)


3 Eggs

1 1/2 cups sugar

8 tablespoons cooking cocoa

1/2 cup cooking oil

2 teaspoons baking powder

2 teaspoons vanilla extract

1/2- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract ( I added this to taste, so I'm not sure exactly how much)

2 cups all-purpose flour

Sifted powdered sugar


1. In a large bowl beat eggs, sugar, cocoa, oil, baking powder, vanilla and peppermint with an electric mixer until combined. Beat in as much of the flour as you can with the mixer. Stir in any remaining flour. Cover and chill dough for 1-2 hours.


2.Shape dough into 1 inch balls. Roll balls in powered sugar, place balls 1 inch apart on ungreased cookie sheets. Bake in a 375F (or about 180C) oven for 8-10 min. or until edges are set and tops are crackled. Transfer to wire rack to cool.


These ended up very soft and yummy. :-)

3 comments:

Miss Melissa said...

Oh yum! Those look sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo good. :) Hehe I want one! Great recipe, will definately have to try it someday soon!
Love
Melissa

A Joyful Chaos said...

Ooooh! These look absolutely delicious. It's a dreary day today so I'm thinking it would be the perfect day to bake cookies. Thanks for sharing.

Melissa Miller said...

Jessica thank you for your kind visit to my blog! You are always welcome anytime my friend.

Oooohhhh the mint cookies look so delicious! Mmmmm....:)