Monday, February 8, 2010

~"Dick and Jane" nursery pillow~

Both sides of the pillow. :-)
After finding 2 different "Dick and Jane" theme fabrics on sale in a quilt shop at the coast, I decided to decorate our newly built church nursery in this theme. I am making two of these pillows for our new soft gliding chairs we have to nurse the babies in.
The other fabric, I am planning to make into valances for the windows. After the wood blinds have been installed, that is. I also bought 3 "Dick and Jane" prints which I plan to frame for the walls. Those will have to wait for the plastering and painting to be done, though. :-)
When the nursery is all done, I will post pics of the finished project, complete with little models, Teddy and Caleb. :-) How cute will that be? Hehe

3 comments:

Miss Melissa said...

Cute :)

A Joyful Chaos said...

How sweet! I enjoy Dick and jane themed things. I actually have quite a few of the books that I was thinking of framing pages but on the other hand I feel sorry for the book to remove it's pages.

The Starr Family said...

These are adorable! Very cute....

Thanks so much for stopping by to check out our pantry! So glad you came to visit!

Kate
The Starr Family Blog