Sunday, November 23, 2008

Home For The Holidays! :-)

We are going "home" to Idaho for the Holidays, so I probably won't be posting on here until I get back in January.

This is the first time I will get to spend Thanksgiving with my family since 2001. In 2002, I was visiting Ben and his parents during Thanksgiving. Then we got married in September of 2003.

This will be our 3rd Christmas in Idaho since we got married. Which sounds like a lot, I know. We have spent 3 Christmases here, too, though. And although there are some similarities in the way Australians and Americans celebrate Christmas, the differences make me feel a little sad and nostalgic during the holiday season here. Of course, the weather is so much different- the middle of Summer. I am looking forward to a cold, if not white, Christmas. :-) We can always hope for snow! Haha

I am staying past New Years in Idaho, and will be going to a dear friend's wedding in early January. Fun! :-)

Since I won't get to decorate our house for Christmas this year, I plan to have Christmas in July, or maybe June next year. So then I can enjoy all of our Christmas decorations, too. :-)

I hope all of you have a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
"For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord."
Luke 2:11

3 comments:

candy said...

Happy Thanksgiving and Merry Christmas!!!
Enjoy time with your family.
Love & God bless,
Candy
xx

Miss Melissa said...

I hope you have a lovely Christmas with your family. :) I am glad you get to go home and spend it with them. Will miss you, and have a beautiful white Christmas! :) Take lots of photos... :) Hehe

Love
Melissa

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Hi Jessica,
Thanks for stopping by my blog. It's always nice to hear from other sisters in the Lord. I hope you enjoy your Christmas in the States with your family.
Merry Christmas!

Blessings,
Sandi