Sunday, May 11, 2008

A Happy Mother's Day

Shame about the red eye, but other than that I thought this was a good photo. I don't know how to fix it myself, and Ben is at work. Oh, well. Nathanael is doing his funny smile. Haha

Ben took me out to dinner to the only decent Mexican Restaurant in Canberra. It was great as usual. :-)

In the morning church service Ben preached about the worth of a good mother. It was encouraging to me that a recent research which he referred to showed that if a monetary value could be placed on all a mother does, stay- at - home moms are worth $48, 000(US) per year more than a mom who juggles mothering with a career. It seems that even in Christian circles these days, for a mom to work outside the home is acceptable and even encouraged. I know there are cases where a mother has no choice but to work outside the home. But this should be an exception.
I thank God for my wonderful husband who supports me in raising our son at home, the way the Bible admonishes me to.

Titus 2:4,5 "That they may teach the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children, to be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed."


4 comments:

Miss Melissa said...

Hehe Cuteness. I do like that photo, I shall print myself a copy. Haha :)
I agree with you though, 100%. Its a shame just how many mothers actually do work. I look forward to the day when Lord willing i will be a mum. :-) Im glad you had a great mothers day. After all, you deserve it. :)

Love
Melissa

{oc cottage} said...

Darling blog!


M

candy said...

Hi!!!!
Thanks sooo much for coming to my blog and especially for leaving a comment so that I can come check out your blog!!! I love your blog! YOURS is cute!! :) I seen the pics of your living room a few posts back, I just looked at them...and they are so pretty! I love your home!
You are very pretty!

Im adding your blog to my bloglines so I dont miss any future posts because this is such a cute blog!!!

Hugs to you,
Candy from Canada :)

candy said...

Oh i forgot to tell you, your fav scripture verse you have on your side bar, is one of my very favorite too!!!! :)

candy :)