Monday, February 23, 2015

My first slipcover project!

Well, once again it has been a while since I last posted- exactly 2 months, in fact. Oh, well...such is life right now. ha
The upholstery on this comfy chair and ottoman has been getting more and more stained and worn. We have had them for 8 years, and when we got them I thought that when the fabric got worn and dirty, they would be a great set to slipcover. So, I decided to slipcover them in a "soft white" colored twill. Easy to wash. ;-) Although I have ordered a custom slipcover to be made (from a seller on Etsy) I decided to try and make the cover for the ottoman myself.
 I am very pleased with the result! :-) Overall, it was a fairly simple project, aside from some issues with gathering and sewing layers of a thick fabric like twill.
I used some pale pink gingham for the piping to tie it in with the pink cover on our nearby sofa.
 Tyndale looks like he approves, don't you think? ha He always wants to get in the photo. ;-)
Another change that has happened in our family room is that it has finally been painted my favorite wall color- Diverse Beige by Sherwin Williams. Ben painted the walls as a special Valentine's gift for me. ;-) You can see the paint color it was before in the first photo of the chair and ottoman.
I can't wait for my new chair slipcover to be done, but I think it likely will not be until sometime in May. Which will probably be the next time I post, judging from previous sporadic postings. ;-)

1 comment:

yoy You said...

The Louis Vuitton handbags comes in three sizes and assorted colors. Chanel handbags It is a affected bag fabricated of bland covering with topstitched detail. Rolex Air King brands that have a history in China often do better than newcomers, because the Chinese trust Original Rolex Watches brands they have heard of for a long time. “Trust of the 1:1 Replica Breitling Watches is a very serious issue for Chinese consumers, because Chinese consumers are concerned about quality and safety problems and worried about counterfeit products, which hits hard on the Omega Watches Replica trust they put on made-in-China products and brands.This reimagined Replica Tag Heuer advertence 116523 is the antecedent bearing Rolex Daytona that aboriginal came out in 2000.