Thursday, January 15, 2009

Beautifying My Bathrooms :-)

Since I returned from our trip to the USA, I have added some touches to our bathrooms that I thought I'd share with you. :-)

I bought the "Simply Shabby Chic" brand shower curtain at Target while I was in Idaho. The pattern is called Apple Blossoms, I think. Also, I bought the crystal/diamond look shower hooks by the same brand. You can't see the hooks very well in the pictures, though. For some reason they look dark.
We have a seperate shower, so putting the curtain over the bath is purely for decorative reasons, though it does offer some privacy.


In the master bathroom, or ensuite as they call it here in Australia, my friend Melissa and I put up a cute bathroom border that I found at Walmart. Good old Walmart! Haha
We put the wallpaper border over the existing border tiles, which I didn't care for at all. I think this is a big improvement. :-)
There were also a couple of accent tiles, hence the squares of wallpaper here and there. Haha
I had a cute porcelain teapot shade on the nightlight, but it was broken during the wallpaper border project. Extreme sadness! :-( At least I had this little beaded shade to replace it with for now, although it doesn't really fit the light very well.

5 comments:

candy said...

Love everything! The shower curtain is so pretty!!!
:)

Anonymous said...

Hi Jessica,
Thanks so dropping by my blog & leaving your lovely comments!
I have just been reading through your blog & have enjoyed reading about you, your family & your home.
I will be adding you to my list of places to come back & visit.
Have a fabulous weekend.
Sarah xxx
P.S: Your new bathroom border looks lovely, great improvement!

Miss Melissa said...

All looks great. :) Hehe, I think the border looks much better too! Yes, sad about the night light. :( Sorry about that, at least you found another! Hehe :)
See you at church tomorrow.
Love
Melissa

Helen said...

Hi Jessica

It was lovely bumping into you the other day and meeting Nathanael! I got to your blog from Melissa's blog site. You have a lovely home, Jessica and have decorated beautifully.

Blessings,
Helen

Little Natural Cottage said...

Very, very pretty!!